Cosmetic facial acupuncture has been an important of Cosmetology in the history of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) for thousands of years. It is ancient technique to improve beauty by using extra-fine needles inserting acupuncture points along the face to soothe out the fine lines, reduce the depth of wrinkles, brighten up complexion and rejuvenate the aged facial skin.
What is Cosmetic Acupuncture?
Cosmetic Acupuncture is holistic medical acupuncture treatment based on TCM. It includes facial cleansing, massage, guasha, moxa and acupuncture on the body and face. During the treatment of cosmetic facial acupuncture, the approach is not only about the face, but also the general health improvement:
- It is designed to improve circulation of qi, blood and fluids, absorption of nutrients and excretions of waste thereby positively influencing general health.
- A lifting effect is created within the body with focus on the face. The use of special needles and techniques accentuates specific results and reduces bruising risk and discomfort.
- it is safe, no scarring of discoloration.
- It is not a mirical formula. Acheiving changes and inducing collagen production takes time! Lifestyle will also affect the results!
When giving a facial acupuncture, the practitioner will focus on promoting health of the whole body to enhance the appearance of the skin to promote free flow of bio-energy and blood circulation. Guasha, moxa and massage on the face and neck by using herbal remedies during the treatment do not only further detoxify but also improve the microcirculation in the skin and muscle tissues.
There are benefits of a facial rejuvenation acupuncture series:
- Improves muscle tone and dermal contraction
- Increases collagen production and has an effect on its dispersal
- Promotes skin rejuvenation via increased facial circulation
- Helps to eliminate and reduce bags under the eyes
- Decrease the tendency toward sagging
- Helps to eliminate puffiness by improving metabolism and eliminating excess fluids
- Helps to eliminate fine lines of the face and has a diminishing effect on larger wrinkles
- Improves hormonal balance and hormone-based skin conditions
- Balances sebaceous secretions to treat dry skin and oily skin/acne
- Improve facial complexion by the increase of peripheral circulation
- Reduce or eliminate double chins
- Tightens the pores
- Brightens the eyes
- Helps to lift drooping eyelids
- Promotes overall health and wellbeing
- Reduces stress evident in the face
- Brings out a person's innate beauty and radiance
- Slows down the aging process
- Delays the hair turning grey and the loss of hair associated with aging
- Benefits the eyes, ears, sinuses, thyroid and brain
Because cosmetic facial acupuncture is a holistic, natural treatment, it is recommended that first timers have at least eight to ten treatments, depending on their constitution and how they respond. After that, a monthly treatment helps maintain the effect. It is also great for prevention before signs of aging set in, and for maintaining a youthful look.
The total treatment lasts 15 weeks. There are two treatments per week in the first two weeks. There is one treatment per week in the following 13 weeks. During the treament period (15 weeks), please keep in the healthy living route, do not smoke and drink alcohol in order to keep your body less suffering from the pollution of sigarretes and alocohol. It lasts 90 minutes per session. After the total treatment for 15 weeks, there are monthly treatments which are up to 6 months to maintain the result. And of course, the result can last 3 years which depends on your living style and your skin care.
The total price: €1550,00 for one full package of treatment (including the first treatment and following 14 sessions)
The first treatment: € 150,00
The following session: €100,00 per session
People in the following conditions are not advised to take facial acupuncture:
- Flu & colds
- Acute herpes outbreaks
- Acute allergic reactions
- High blood pressure
- Problems with bleeding
- Tendency to bruise excessivly
- Pituitary tumours
- Diabetes mellitus
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Serious health conditions such cancer, AIDS, acute hepatitis, coronary disease
- Avoid ulcerated, irritated or bruised areas, warts, pigmented moles